Sunday, February 20, 2011

It's coming!!

I potty trained Cade when he was two because Caylee had just arrived and changing that many diapers a day was just gross, haha. The potty we bought was this cute little green frog. Recently, since Cade is getting bigger he is going over the top with his pottytime. (To put it nicely) So today we went to WM and I saw a bi-gender Elmo seat that you just put on your pot. I hyped it up and asked Cade if he would like to start using the Big Boy potty. (He is terrified of ours) He was so excited so we bought it. It took a little fussing, discussing, and a few tears but he is getting the hang of it. I am really NOT looking forward to teaching Caylee. All the accidents and going 5 billion times a day does not sound fun. However, tonight after we ate supper I took Cade to potty and when he was finished Caylee started to get on. I was wanting to clean up the dishes and didn't let her sit on it. OMG you would have thought it was the end of the world. So I guess as much as I am dreading it potty training round two is in my near future. Oh well at least we will be done with diapers. ;)

2 comments:

  1. LOL oh dear! Just to reassure you, girls are a totally different story than boys. I cannot remember my second child, a girl, having any accidents at all, and I know my third, also a girl, hasn't had but 1. My eldest, a boy, was a nightmare potty-trainer, and still to this day cannot seem to hold his penis straight! RRRRRR!!! GOOD LUCK! But my advice? If she feels like she wants to sit on the potty, it's time. My youngest was 14 months & potty trained... seriously. Try her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow 14 months. We may go for it. ;)

    ReplyDelete