Saturday, May 21, 2011

Derril Gene

Yesterday Cade was a very sick little boy. He spent all day in bed sleeping. So I got to spend all day with my sweet little princess. She crawled up in my lap and was showing me her eyes, nose, and mouth. Then she showed me her ears. I said, “Yeah Caylee has ears, she doesn’t use them to listen to Mommy but she has them.” It was at that point that I realized I had just quoted my dad. He was always telling me that I never used my ears to listen to him. And I thought, "Dear God I have turned into Derril Gene," lol. I do think that I turned out ok and that my dad (and mom) did a great job of raising me. So if I am turning into my parents I will be ok with that. :)

1 comment:

  1. I have those moments all the time. Or, my parents will tell Emma something, only to have me repeat the same, exact thing (unknowingly, of course) several hours later! To which she says, Yaya and Papa just told me that.

    It's a sign of a good parent, those lessons that stuck. :)

    ReplyDelete