Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Life Lessons

Jeff has been asking me what I want for my birthday this year. Well it has taken me forever to think of something. Being a wife and mom I am always thinking about what I can get him or the kids. I finally came up with something, a new jacket. So today I decided that Cade and I would go looking around to see if I could find one that I liked and that would fit now and in three weeks when I have the baby. The first two stores were no success, so I thought I know I will stop by Academy and look. We barely get into the store and back to the area where they keep the jackets when Cade starts screaming bloody murder. Now then I must admit in my premommy life when I was at the store and would see a screaming kid I would think, "Why isn't that mom comforting that poor thing." However, kids have a way of changing you in more ways than one. Today I quietly pushed the basket to the front and told Cade it was ok and that we were going home. The looks I got from the few people I passed in the short distance to the front of the store were awful. And considering most of them were older women you would think they would understand. When we got to the car of course Cade immediately stopped crying and I felt very frustrated. One I didn't get to go shopping and two I was trying to get him out without bothering anyone. As soon as we get home I sit down to catch my breath. Cade comes running up to me and crawls up in my lap with a huge smile and hug. All the frustration drains from my body and I feel complete happiness and love. So, with this being said, "I am so sorry to all the mommies I might have questioned in my premommy life." I will now not only have more patience with Cade when I am out shopping I will also be more understanding of the mommy dealing with the screaming child, and I hope that you will too! ;)

1 comment:

  1. you are awesome! i've been there done that a few times.. shopping with a screaming kid or kids.. NO FUN!
    i'm glad you decided what ya want for your birthday though, i have such a hard time with that!!!

    ReplyDelete