Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Brotherly Love


When I was expecting Caylee I kept saying how Cade would be such a great big brother. He has always been so affectionate and sweet. Well as my due date got closer I started getting nervous. He had been the only child/grandchild for 20+ months. Would he be jealous, would he be resentful, how would he handle it?
The first week she was here I was in tears alot. He was so intimidated and overwhelmed he would have these little shaking fits, and it broke my heart. I felt so guilty, I had damaged my sweet happy little boy and I didn't know how to fix it. After the first week though he settled down and ever since he will love on his sister from time to time, and you can tell by his face that he is sad when she cries.
Well tonight confirmed it...he is an outstanding big brother. I was in the kitchen making cookies, Jeff had just fed Caylee and laid her on the couch to come into the kitchen. As soon as he walked in Caylee started crying. Well as most of you know Cade has a white tshirt that is his security blanket. He carries it all over the house and sleeps with it at naptime and night. We peek around the corner and there is Cade putting his white tshirt right beside Caylee, we watch a little longer and he keeps standing there gently moving the shirt closer to her face as she continues to cry. About that time he looks up and sees us watching so of course he runs off to start dancing.
My heart completely melted. Here is my beautiful little boy trying to help his sister by giving up the one thing that always comforts him. I know without a doubt now that I didn't damage my sweetheart by bringing another angel into our life, we are so blessed to have such sweet children!

2 comments: