Saturday, January 30, 2010

Can you say...

For the last couple of months Cade has been throwing lots of fits. He will want something and if we don't know what it is or say no he looses it. Lots of times he will want us to do something with his toys and we won't have a clue what it is, then he cries, screams, and hits. So a couple of weeks ago I bought him some flashcards. I thought that maybe if he could start learning more words the communication barrier would not be so hard for him or us. Well yesterday I was so excited. Jeff got out his cards and Cade was repeating all the words after Jeff would say them. It was the cutest thing. All evening and this morning we will say a word and then have Cade repeat it. This morning Cade was laying in bed with Jeff and I so we started going over the parts of his body and he would repeat the word. When we got to fingers Cade layed there a minute thinking and then put both hands on his head and said, "I don't know." We busted out laughing and he laughed too. I guess there are some words that he is just not ready for ;) I know though that in no time he will be saying fingers and all kinds of things. I love hearing his sweet little voice. As for Caylee she is not saying words of course but she is beginning to roll over and can sit in the bumbo for quite awhile before she gets tired. I am so proud of both of them. It is so fun watching them grow and learn new things. I looove being a mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment