Saturday, March 31, 2012

No Momma

A couple of weekends ago Mom and Dad invited the kids and I to come over for the weekend since Jeff was overnights. So of course I said sure. We were going to go over Friday night in Dad’s truck. The kids were so excited to get a ride in Papa’s truck. That morning I got them up and dressed. I told them that today was the day we were going to get to ride in Papa’s truck and spend the night with Grandma and Papa. Cade looked at me and said, “We get to go all by ourselves.” I told him that I was going too. He looked at me with desperate eyes and said, “No Momma you stay here. Caylee and I will go by ourselves.” I didn’t know quite what to think at first. My little man is growing up and becoming more and more independent each and every day. I thought of all the times Joey and I spent the night with the grandparents and how much fun we had, and decided that it would be a good time for the grandparents and I could get some time to myself as well. So they loaded up and headed out. I did go over the next day but Cade didn’t seem to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment